People spent a large part of their day at work. You probably see your colleges more often than your friends. So a open and safe environment to work in is very important for your wellbeing and the fun you have in your job. When you thrive in your work, you perform better and your career can flourish. This is the case for everyone, but as an LGBTQ+ person it can be difficult to also bring the LGBTQ+ part of your identity to work.
On Monday May 17th, international day against homophobia, biphobia and transphobia (IDAHOT), SHOUT will host an online panel discussion about pride in the workplace. The panel will exist of LGBTQ+ people who work in different sectors. They will share their experiences and give their view on what makes a nice work environment. In the end the panellists will also answer questions of the audience.
- Kevin Matson – Associate Professor -WUR
- Maaike van Scheppingen – Stakeholder engagement manager – Water board Vallei en Veluwe
- Kheoma Rocha – R&D manager – Unilever
- Kasper ter Horst – Education Support Officer – WUR
- Mathilda Wessels – Nurse and mentor in health care sector and employee in Property Tax Departments of different municipalities
The moderator of the panel discussion will be Rinske de Vries – board member at SHOUT
The event will be via zoom. Digital walk in start at 19:50 and the event starts at 20:00. When you sign up you will receive an email on the day of the event with the zoom link.
Sign up form: https://forms.gle/K9ZCxbiXFcChcRrH8